Christmas Dessert Sorted!
Staff member shares her special Nutella® pastry Christmas tree recipe that will be loved by all this Christmas!
Need some inspiration for dessert this Christmas?
PrimeAdvisory are here to help with this easy but delicious and very festive Christmas Tree-at!
- 1 (500g) packet ready to roll puff pastry
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Nutella® hazelnut spread, at room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and prepare baking tray by lining with baking paper then also grease with butter.
- Roll out one puff pastry sheet into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly score puff pastry into the shape of a Christmas tree (triangle) with a wide base. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread over the triangle in a thin layer with the back of a spoon.
- Roll out the second sheet of puff pastry to a large rectangle and place on top of the first one. Carefully trace the shape of the chocolate covered triangle underneath and cut out the Christmas tree shape and the trunk. Remove excess pastry.
- Lightly score 2 lines down the middle of the triangle to form a tree trunk that is narrower at the top and gets wider towards the base. Using the trunk as a guide, cut branches into the sides of the triangle.
- Finally, the tree will be ready for twisting!
- Beginning at the base, twist the pastry away from you, trying to get in two turns on the lower branches.
- Continue moving up the tree, twisting away from you as you go.
- At the top of the tree you may only get a single twist in the top branches. If desired, cut out a star with the pastry trimmings and place on the baking tray.
- Brush the entire tree with lightly beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until risen and golden brown. Let cool slightly before enjoying.
Want to watch it being made, click here.